As a part of my “Start Volunteering” drive , I am starting a new series of “Volunteer”. I am going to start giving information about various volunteering options available around. [I wish I did this when I was actually volunteering a lot. But better late than never]
So as the title says, Toy bank is an NGO that aims to provide toys to all children. It is so easy to follow. You may buy new toys and donate or give away the old toys around your homes. The details are as follows:
Their Vision: A world where all children have a happy and healthy childhood.
- To ensure that children from under privileged backgrounds receive toys through collection and distributions.
- To bridge the gap between children from different backgrounds by creative play/group events/community events.
- To make play space available for children through– Toy libraries in available infrastructures; reclaim open public spaces for children.
- To impart education and values through a Toy curriculum; play groups; children’s parliament.
- To design and thus provide toys that will be context specific, by having toys made in local languages as well.
- To sensitize and advocate amongst individuals from all sections of society the need and importance of the right to play and the right to leisure for all children.
To know more about Toybank please visit : www.toybank.co.in
Toybank has arranged for a toy distribution drive for the needy and disabled children participating in a summer camp at Lakshmipura in Tavarakere, Magadi Road, Bangalore Rural. IAR (Indian Agency for Rehabiliation) India is conducting this summer camp from May 13-16. They do it every year and they call it as the Tavarakere summer camp project.
Details of the event:-
* Date : May 16, 2009
* Venue : Summer Camp for the disabled, Lakshmipura, Tavarakere,
Magadi Road, Bangalore.
* No of Children: 55-60
* Age Groups: Will be communicated shortly
* Time provided for toybank to engage the children : 10 AM – 1.30 PM
Directions to reach the location:-
* Keep going straight on Magadi Road till u reach Tavarakere Bus Stand
* Ask for route to Lakshmipura
* Once inside lakshmipura, ask for site for summer camp for the disabled.
* You may also follow the banners and sign boards hoarded by IAR
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ATTEND THE EVENT
You can call the understated person for any questions and assistance
Bharath – 9945666454